RETURN-TO-PLAY STAGE TWO
June 1, 2021
In early March, Vancouver Hawks Field Hockey Club (VHFHC) suspended all club activity due to public health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the provincially mandated pause in play. In June, viaSport and Field Hockey BC (FHBC) outlined plans for a safe and responsible return to play. In July and August, Vancouver Hawks operated very successful junior camps under these guidelines.
With the updated viaSport guidelines, and FHBCs Second Stage Responsible Return to Play Approved Framework released in September, Vancouver Hawks is moving into the next stage which will include more participants on the field and some competitive play.
The preparation of this Stage Two document and Return-To-Play Plan have incorporated the guidelines and recommendations of the following resources:
- ViaSport’s Return to Sport Guidelines for B.C.;
- BCRPA’s The Recreation and Parks Sector Guideline for Restarting Operations (PDF) (May 28, 2020);
- FHBC’s 2020 First Stage Responsible Return to Play Framework (PDF) (June 11, 2020)
In addition, we have incorporated the latest guidelines:
- ViaSport’s Return to Sport Guidelines for B.C. (PDF) (September 2020);
- FHBC’s 'Second Stage Responsible Return to Play’ Approved Framework (PDF) (September, 2020)
As recommended by viaSport, Vancouver Hawk’s return to play framework continues to consider three vital areas:
- That activity planning considers a process to open safely;
- That measures are in place designed to keep people safe to avoid further outbreaks;
- That an action plan be in place should a case of an outbreak occur.
Outlined in the document is the Vancouver Hawks safety plan for Return-To-Play, including guidelines for participants, coaches, staff, volunteers and spectators.
Vancouver Hawks understands that our members and participants will be required to modify their behavior, stay informed, apply protective measures and follow public health advice while engaging in Club programs.
Guiding Principles – Stage Two RTP Plan
- Stage Two Return to Play is defined as a progressive game play return – permitting the creation of ‘cohorts’ (participant bubbles or pods) allowing for greater participant interaction.
- Provincial Health Officer Guidelines MUST be adhered to at all times.
- Participant ratios MUST NOT exceed the “cohort” designations outlined in the FHBC document Second Stage Responsible Return to Play’ Approved Framework (dated September 2020).
- Vancouver Hawks will follow the COVID guidelines and protocols of each league while engaged in activities related to that league, including practices. For example, VWFHA guidelines and protocols will be applied during practices and games for teams involved in the VWFHA while PFHL guidelines and protocols will be applied during practices and games for our junior fall league teams.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should make the responsible choice in advance NOT TO participate in activity sessions.
- Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms during active participation WILL NOT be permitted to continue and will be required to follow the appropriate facility exit and activity isolation protocol (10-day minimum).
Download Hawks Return-to-Play Plan Here
Participant Agreement (PDF) (completed at registration)
Participation Waiver (PDF) (completed at registration)
COVID-19 Waiver (PDF) (completed at registration)
Illness Policy (COVID-19) (PDF)
Field Hockey Club
2303 West 41st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6M 2A3